Film festival submissions now open!
What is the WGC Film Festival?
Watch the winning film from WGC-2021
Guidelines for Film Submission
- Send your submission for the World Glaucoma Congress Film Festival via the submission form. Deadline: February 6, 2023.
- The theme(s) of the film must be related to glaucoma directly or indirectly.
- Even though disclosure has been made, videos should not promote the use of any commercial product.
- Opening must include financial interest statement. Financial and proprietary disclosures should be placed right after the title of the film.
- The video will be peer-reviewed on:
- Scientific content
- Applicability/educational value
- Cinematic/technical excellence
- Format and rules compliance: e.g. financial interest disclosure
- Other criteria as deemed appropriate by the peer reviewers
- Up to one (1) film per producer will be accepted. The producer may be co-producer of other films.
- All presentations and materials must be in English (or in original language with English subtitles).
- The film should be delivered in MP4 format and in high resolution. Please ensure that the film is in the correct format. We strongly recommend that you preview your film in a system other than the one on which it was produced before submission.
- The World Glaucoma Congress 2023 holds the non-exclusive copyright for all materials to be presented at the congress.
Checklist for submission
- Length: The video must not exceed 6 minutes including opening, introduction and closing acknowledgments.
- Title: The title should describe the material appropriately.
- Description: Explain in max. 80 words what viewers can expect from the video.
- Format: Videos may be formatted in MPEG, AVI, WMV, or QuickTime (MOV) with a maximum resolution of 1280×720. Do not use DivX compression.
- Definition: We prefer widescreen (16:9) and higher definition files, in MPEG-4 format.
- Copyright: Please ensure that you have permission to use any image presented as part of the video. This includes a license for copyrighted material and release forms from any patient(s) recognizable in the video.
- Use of copyrighted music or materials is forbidden without written authorization. By submitting your video under these instructions, you represent that you have or do not need such authorization and you agree to indemnify and defend the World Glaucoma Association from all claims based on copyright infringement.